Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Men: Spawn of the Devil?

I was chatting with a girlfriend recently, discussing the merits and foibles of men, when she proposed a most interesting theory: Men are the spawn of Satan.

Okay, yes I know it sounds harsh.

But it got me thinking about the dynamic between males and females. Generally, men are out to screw as many women as possible. Women typically want one man to adore and eat dinner with and get knocked up by. It's a matter of seed spreading vs. domestic devotion. Now you tell me who seems more angelic within those two stereotypes...

I don't want to make it seem like men really are demons. I know the human race would probably not have sustained itself if cavemen believed in monogamy. We were each built a certain way to carry out a certain responsibility. Men were meant to impregnate as many women as possible. But now, with the world's population growing out of control, isn't it time for the evolutionary pendulum to swing back in the other direction?

Or should we cut guys some slack and recognize that maybe it's not their fault? They were just designed a certain way and should be allowed to forever carry out their "duties."

I don't know. But I do know that in the battle between good and evil, I'm sure going to be more likely to root for a high school sweetheart-marrying man like my dad than a womanizer like George Clooney. Fortunately for George, a cute face and tight butt do a lot to detract from the wickedness...

No comments: