Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Highlight Reel

Just want to quickly acknowledge some of my favorite moments from Easter...

• Watching my cousin's 18-month old son eat jelly beans off the grass and then drool pink spit down his neck and onto his white collared shirt.

• Taking credit for making my cousin's husband show up to our family dinner in a ruffled mint green 70's tuxedo.

• Picking out herbs at the Hollywood farmer's market with Mr. Wonderful then helping him plant them in the new flower beds we leveled in his backyard on Saturday.

• Holding my precious 5-month old niece after she cried in her Easter dress and was allowed to strip down to a onesie and socks.

• Holding my little peanut 2-week old second cousin.

• Having to ask my mom what her mystery dessert was...it looked like a mound of melting vanilla ice cream with sliced strawberries on top.

• Watching my 9-year old niece try to tickle Mr. Wonderful while giving him a "back rub" after dinner.

• Coming out of the bathroom in the morning to discover that the Easter bunny had stopped by and left me a little lavender basket full of dark chocolate goodies and a book on house-buying. Every time I think Mr. Wonderful can't get any cuter, he goes and proves me wrong...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You failed to mention, that the mystery dessert was wonderful and completely gone!

Melissa Maris said...

Was the mystery dessert gone because it sprouted legs and crawled away?

Anonymous said...

The mystery dessert was delish, although I think I froze a tooth on a strawberry.

PoopyPants said...

I think the mystery dessert used it's legs to run to my plate - very yummy and refreshing.

My favorite part? Watching our 13 year old niece play with her bubblegum pooping chicken!!

Anonymous said...

Can I just say it sounds as though you Mr Wonderful is well, WONDERFUL! Hope you had a great Easter & had fun enjoying the babes!! Sounds like you had a house full!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Wonderful is adorable and once again handled the "tipped over circus train" known as our family, very well.