Sunday, February 1, 2009

Box up My Stuff and Ship it Here, Please


The only way I can think to properly describe the aesthetic here on Santorini is by calling it Shut Up Beautiful. Seriously, it is so incredibly pretty, I just want to keep saying Shut Up! The picture above was taken today in Pyrgos. Mr. W and I have been looking for the famous blue-domed church, but there are so many of them, it's hard to tell which one might be THE one.


The crazy cat lady in me is getting indulged to the nth degree. There are cats and dogs roaming everywhere you go. I've seen about 5 different ones in our hotel. This little guy greeted us when we arrived, and stayed out on our balcony for quite awhile. Pretty nice view of the caldera, huh?



Here's the view from the hotel right below ours. It is truly stunning. It seems like no matter where you are on the island, there is something incredible to see. The ocean. The rolling green hillsides. The architecture. It's everything I would've dreamed of. But everyone speaks English, which I never would've imagined.


I loved that when we first arrived, there was a train of donkeys coming up the path to our hotel. They were all decked out with fancy harnesses and bells. I'm sure to impress the tourists. It worked, I was impressed. More impressive, however, is how gorgeous the weather has been since we arrived. Whoever said visiting the Greek Isles in the middle of winter was a bad idea was sorely mistaken.

14 comments:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

You look like you're having a terrible time. Really awful. I feel so bad for you. =)

Anonymous said...

Glad you know now why I LOVE GREECE! I'm going to elope there. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

Wow...Awesome!!! i am tempted to book a trip to Santorini!!!

Anonymous said...

I love you. But I hate you. That can be remedied by sending me a ticket to where you are RIGHT NOW!

Anonymous said...

And I hope by "my stuff" you meant ME. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post. It does look
beautiful and romantic. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

It's interesting how a trail of donkeys is beautiful in Greece but a sends PETA running for the hills in Mexico and/or the Grand Canyon.

Glad you're having a lovely time!

Christina Lindstrom said...

I would totally be your donkey (by this I mean: carry all your crap and you on my back) if it meant I got to see Santorini. Can we discuss this please? Seriously, I'd even sleep outside in the donkey barn.

Sizzle said...

Oh my goodness! I so want to go!

Anonymous said...

Well, if you're gonna send Dingo a ticket, you better send me one too...

Alysha said...

So much fun!! I am so glad that you are loving Santorini! That is one that I am sad I missed. I am excited for more updates and I love your title, but please come home! I would miss you! .... but then I could visit...

Mandy_Fish said...

*Jealous*

Lara Watkins said...

I am seething with jealously. I always wish the best for you but this post makes me want to throw a remote at you.

Mermanda said...

SHUT UP! ;) Gorgeous.