Monday, April 20, 2009
35 and Still Has the Legs of a Teenager
Those gorgeous stems up there in the biking tights? They belong to Mr. Wonderful. The man seriously has the shapeliest, most sculpted legs I’ve ever seen. I’m convinced it’s the Greek god blood.
He turned 35 last Thursday and was feeling a little out of sorts about the whole thing, despite my insisting that if 40’s the new 20, he’s a mere 15. He rattled off something about accomplishments and yadda yadda and because I was too jetlagged to properly acknowledge his birthday last week, I’d like to dedicate this post to celebrating all of the things he’s done since his last birthday.
Let me back up a bit further and clarify that Mr. W has accomplished more than a lot of us ever will. He owns a house in the Hollywood Hills and two rental properties, is working on a freaking movie in England with a huge-name director, has his pilot’s license and his motorcycle license, and knows how to cook like nobody’s business. I mean, seriously…he has nothing to complain about.
That said, here’s a list of even more exciting things he’s gotten done in the last year:
• He fed an ostrich outside of Solvang, CA.
• He sang Footloose at my karaoke party.
• He bought a schmancy new car.
• He bought a wine fridge that wouldn’t fit in the new car and had to leave me sitting on a flatbed trolley with it in the Lowe’s parking lot while he went to get my car so we could transport it home.
• He grew, picked, peeled and froze a buttload of delicious tomatoes last summer.
• He kept his Dr. McDreamy hair.
• He bought a new mountain bike and those smokin’ hot tights.
• He built a booby helmet for his Halloween costume.
• He built a worm composter for my Christmas present.
• He went to Yellowstone, Napa, Oklahoma, St. Louis, Maui, Italy (for the 3rd time!), Greece, England and France.
• He got laid off from a job he didn’t like but is still receiving a paycheck.
• He got a job he does like and is receiving a paycheck from that one, too.
• He got to fly first class to London.
• He got bumped into the penthouse because the apartment he wanted in the UK wasn’t available.
• He fought 6 squirrels at once with only a garden hose.
• He told me he loved me.
• He got, crashed, and repaired several remote controlled helicopters.
• He mastered the guitar on Rock Band.
• He painted the entire exterior of his house (with the help of a few friends and me).
• He won over many readers of this blog.
• He survived the horror of my cousin’s baby vomiting pumpkin pie at Christmas and the mayhem of my mother wetting her pants laughing.
• He survived having me meet his family.
• He made the best short ribs I’ve ever had and probably ever will have in my entire life.
• He rocked my world.
Happy Birthday Sugarplum! You amaze me and I love you. I can’t wait to see what you do with the next 35 years!