Thursday, March 4, 2010

Inspiration and Adoration

In my working life, I’ve met lots and lots of remarkable people. Artists, writers, innovators. I’ve watched them create show-stopping advertising pieces; seen them graduate from esteemed art institutes, attended their book signings.

This week, I got to go to a film festival and mini-red carpet event for a movie The Boss and his beautiful wife made. I would love to link to the movie trailer because it was frigging hysterical, but then his identity would be revealed and I’m not sure he wants the whole Internet (yes, the whole Internet reads this blog) to know who he is.

Anyway, it was such an inspiring, uplifting, proud night. He has been writing screenplays since I met him, and it was so cool to see one come to life on the big screen. It was awesome to see movie posters for his film in the theater’s hallways. Awesome to watch him and his bride answer questions on camera on the red carpet. It made me want to self-publish a book and hold a signing at a local Starbucks just so I could feel what it’s like to have something finished and presented to the public.

Also this week, another ex-coworker and real live author (she wrote this book and this book) gave me a blog award! I’ve been following her blog since she launched it and I highly recommend reading it if you’re looking for some positive juju and literary entertainment. She’s a hoot and a vibrant soul.

According to the rules of the award, I’m supposed to:

1. Put the logo on the blog within your post.


2. Pass the award on to 12 bloggers.
3. Link the nominees within your post.
4. Let the nominees know they have received the award by commenting on their blogs.
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.

I decided to follow a couple of them…but I’m only going to pass the award on to one blogger. Not that I don’t love all the rest of you, but I think I’ve given most of you awards in the past, and this little lady hasn’t received any. She’s sort of new at this. But she’s an amazing writer and she makes my mouth water every time I read her posts. Here’s to you Miss Foodie!

7 comments:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

So cool to see people you know really succeed, isn't it?

Dingo said...

How exciting for your boss and for you. And you know what? You CAN finish a book and present it to the public. What are you waiting for?

Emily said...

Thanks for the award! I am honored. Now read my blog :) Can't wait for dinner next week!! <3

megabrooke said...

congrats to you for winning an award!

Poopu said...

I read the book and LOVED it...it's been so long, I might need to read it again :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, so if he has a role in a movie for a little brown girl, sign me up!

Anonymous said...

LOL - I don't think my blog will ever be sunshiney enough to win that award! :)