Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Getting Done the Farewell To Dos

We had a lot to check off the list before yesterday.

We tore up, tilled and replanted the entire front yard. Then potted the miniature olive tree we bought. A reminder of our trip to Greece and the Tuscan-style vineyard we hope to own one day.

We got our marriage license.

We chose wedding rings—me a band of diamonds that matches my engagement ring; him a brushed Tungsten band.

We put stamps on all of our wedding invitations so that I can mail them today.

We discussed important house details, like how to turn the sprinklers on and off, how to reset the wireless Internet, which buttons on the remote control different functions on the stereo.

We kissed each other extra times, trying to stockpile the sensation so it would last us through the next 60 days.

We practiced the dance steps we learned. I forgot most of them, but he reminded me and we vowed to run through them many more times in that final week when he comes home.

We touched-up paint.

We plowed through DVDs we wanted to watch together.

We IMed each other while he sat in the Virgin Atlantic lounge and I sat in the dim corner of our living room.

And now there's an ocean smack dab in the middle of us.

I'm looking forward to putting "cross that ocean" at the top of the To Do List.

7 comments:

Jane Moneypenny said...

Man, your to-do is so much more interesting. :) Mine just says, "groceries; library; get a life."

Congrats on the marriage license! Now you can elope! :P

Anonymous said...

I'm with Jane Moneypenny on the to do list. Mine reads: work, work OT, study. LOL

Contrats on the marriage license. Now quit your job and move to Europe together!

And I'm going to totally date myself and out-geek myself to point out that I read your title as "Farewell to DOS"... as in Disk Operating System... as in, I am SUCH a geek...

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

A global to-do list ... how fancy of you! =) xoxo

Bretthead said...

I look forward to crashing your wedding.

Danielle said...

Ugggg, I know this has to be tough on both of you. Absence makes the heart grow fonder or some crap like that.

Sizzle said...

I hope the time flies and yet that doesn't stress you out more with planning the upcoming wedding.

blakspring said...

whoa, reading your list wore me out :)
two months is quite a while but it'll be that much sweeter when he's back.